Sunday, August 28, 2016

Home by the Sea Quilt Top


The Home by the Sea quilt top is finished!  Here's how it went together:

 I began by sewing a Navy Blue 1" sashing to the right sides of my blocks.
~Star Blocks~

 ~Ship and House Blocks~

 Many of the blocks in various stages, being sewn together with the sashing.

 Once the blocks and sashing were sewn together, I made alternate rows of sashing with red cornerstones.

 The sashing/cornerstone rows were sewn between the block rows.

 I added a narrow Navy Blue border around all the blocks.

The top is finished with a wider, Light Blue border.  I used the same fabric as the block backgrounds for the outer border.

Next:  Quilting the Home by the Sea quilt.

Have a super day!




Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment