Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Thank You, Quiltmaker!


Last week I received this lovely surprise from Quiltmaker magazine.  It's a tote bag featuring all the blocks from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 11.


Here's a close up of the bag design.  Amazing isn't it?  Each block is so unique.  I wish I could sew them all.


Here's the colorful table runner I made featuring my block, Aloha Flower.


You can see my block on the bag, right over "iltma" - (ha!ha!)
It's only a couple of blocks away from Margie Ullery's Hang Ten block with the palm tree and surf board. Even though the two blocks are in a different scale, it seems to me like they go together.  I'm so glad winter is over.  Time for a tropical beach vacation...sigh!  I'm only dreaming, but it sounds nice.


If you already own a copy of Volume 11, you can find the Aloha Flower block on page 17.  It's block #1014.  Get creative, sew a few.  I'd love to see what you come up with.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't purchased my Volume 11 yet. Going to have to get it soon before I can't. I have every one of the previous volumes and have used them frequently. Sandi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment, Sandi! I have collected all of the issues, too. They are a wonderful source of inspiration and sewing fun. I wish I could sew them all! Have a lovely day.

      Delete