Friday, March 13, 2015

The Rocketeer - Vintage Sewing Machine LOVE!


Yes - the last thing I need is another sewing machine, I mean really, you can only sew with one machine at a time, and I've been so enjoying the Singer 301.  It's excellent for piecing.  But yesterday...my husband texted me with this picture of a Rocketeer he found at the local thrift shop.  It was only $18.00, in the cabinet.  Plus he offered to use his $18.00 to purchase it.  How could I say no?  I've always wanted one of these machines, just because of the great design.  That is how they got the nickname "Rocketeer".  Singer did not come up with the name, the sewing public did.

This machine is completely gear driven, no belt.  It has a number of different stitches available on the front dial, plus it takes cams.  The needle position is adjustable, and the feed dogs can be dropped (actually the plate comes up).  It appears to be in good working order, but very dirty!  After some cleaning, maintenance, and a little love, I'm sure this will be both beautiful and fun to sew with.  I'll post more pics and info about this machine when I get her cleaned up.

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you and what a great hubby <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Jennifer what a great find! It sure to give you great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this machine and absolutely love it. It reminds me of the 60's...rock n roll, cars with fins, juke boxes :)

    ReplyDelete