Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Spring is Coming!

Here in North Carolina, Spring is on it's way.  I just know it is. Our local groundhog, Sir Walter Wally, was very, very, wrong in his prediction this year of an early Spring.  My boys were out of school for most of the last two weeks due to various snow and ice events.  Thankfully, they are back in school this week.


The last storm we had yielded nine inches.  For our area, that is a lot of snow.  We built snowmen, threw snowballs, pulled the sled around our unfortunately flat landscape with the riding lawnmower, and enjoyed it as much as possible.  There is still a lot of snow in our yard today.  Tomorrow it will be 70 degrees here.  I'm so happy!  The next day we have another chance of snow.  Yep - that's North Carolina - Spring is trying it's best to come through.


One of my favorite parts of Spring is the new Spring dresses.  I always daydream about the pretty dresses I'm going to sew while browsing at the local thrift shops.  I've just added the above pattern to the Curlicue Creations Shop.  This would be lovely, especially in the longer length.  I have many other "Dreamin' of Spring" dress patterns, if you're feeling the itch to sew.  Maybe a little sewing will help the flowers to bloom.  Please note that all of my patterns are in factory folded, uncut condition.


If you'd rather do a little kitchen sewing, I just got in a whole bolt of Insul-Bright insulated batting by the Warm Company.  At only $2.49 per yard, you can stitch up all sorts of goodies to brighten up your kitchen.  Think hot pads, oven mitts, casserole carriers - endless possibilities.  

Until next time...stay warm...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment