Monday, February 18, 2013

Vintage Shopping and Sally's Mystery Quilt-A-Long

Hello everyone!  I haven't done a shopping post for a while, but I haven't stopped shopping either!  I thought I would share these two little treasures with you today.  These are Quilt tiles made by Hill Design, Incorporated.  I was delighted to find them!  Back in the "olden" days when I was working as an office girl I would often visit a little gift shop over my lunchtime that had a large inventory of these tiles.  I wanted some, but I never bought any, so these brought a good bit of joy my way.  I hope they bring a smile to you, and maybe a little quilting inspiration, too.

 Amish Railroad Crossing - vintage 1996

 Amish Diamond in the Square - vintage 1997

Also, if you haven't joined us over at Quilters' Show and Tell, for Sally's Mystery Quilt-A-Long, please do!  One of our members at Quilters' Show and Tell, Sally Anne Johnson, is hosting this event and we just started  the quilt this month.  It's not too late to join in.  Here's my progress so far:
  

My first block, Jacob's Ladder, almost together.


My first block, Jacob's ladder - Oooops!  I sewed the last row on upside down on all of my blocks.  I spent last evening ripping them back out.  Why can't I be perfect all the time?  


Also, we made this nifty block last time at my quilting group.  I just love the curvy flying geese and I so wanted to share it with everyone for a little quilting inspiration.

Also, in other news I will be getting some gorgeous fabrics in from Island Batiks later this week.  They should be in the shop sometime over the weekend. I will be sure to post some pictures of the new fabrics in next week's blog.  So exciting!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

1 comment: