Sunday, January 12, 2020

Flea Market Quilt ~ Scrappy Part Two

Here's my Flea Market quilt top all sewn together and ready to quilt!  Don't the Island Batik fabrics look gorgeous sparkling across the top?

Disclaimer:  The products used in this post were given to me by Island Batik and industry partners at no cost to me.
 I'm going to quilt this with Hobbs Tuscany Wool Cotton Blend batting.

I'm also going to try these Schmetz super non-stick needles.

 I'm quilting equidistant lines in the kite shapes with matching light gray and medium gray Aurifil thread.

 I'm quilting the round space between the gray shapes with large swirls and circles, trying to accent the curvy secondary pattern, also with matching Aurifil thread.  I'm changing thread color often.

 Quilting helper number one showed up to help "secure" the quilt while I was stitching.

 I'm using the presser foot to measure the width between the straight stitched lines.  You can see the swirls and circles on the left.

Quilting helper #2 chooses to use a "paws on" approach.  I'm hoping to finish this up sometime this week, take a pretty photo session and show you the final quilt soon.

Be creative ~ Sew something beautiful today!

Jennifer Thomas


Connect with me:


Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required


90% Faster Than Rotary Cutters
This is an affiliate advertisement.  Clicking this link will not affect the purchase price.  However, if you do make a purchase, I may receive a commission.  Thank you.

3 comments:

  1. That takes a lot of patience, all those straight lines. Its a fabulous look for a great pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The top turned out so pretty and will look wonderful with the wool batting. I cant wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete