Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Home by the Sea Star Blocks

 I'm sewing my Home by the Sea quilt, starting at the top with the four Star Blocks.  

 First I sewed the dark yellow triangles to the blue triangles to make triangle pairs.

 Next, the triangle pairs are sewn to the large yellow triangles to make square units.

 Here, the blue squares are sewn to the pieced units.

 This is where it gets a little tricky.  It is easy to sew the triangle units to the square units facing the wrong way!  I had to do a little un-sewing myself.

 This is the progress I've made to date.  Two of the star blocks are almost complete!  I should be able to finish them all during my next sewing opportunity.  I can't wait to see how they turn out!

What are you sewing today?  Leave a comment below.

Have a super day!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

Click here to visit the Curlicue Creations Shop.






Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

No comments:

Post a Comment