Thursday, September 4, 2014

Cosmic Blast Quilt

Cosmic Blast Quilt
My Cosmic Blast quilt has hit the newsstands - Hooray!  I'm so happy to be able to share it with you.  I designed this quilt quite a while ago, and so wanted to make it.  I love the way it radiates light from the center of the quilt.


This quilt and the pattern to make it appears in Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Fall 2014 issue, on sale now.  I have a few copies available in my Etsy shop.


I developed this pattern using my Triangle-O-Rama block.  This block is in Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 9.  You can get a lot of different looks with this block by changing the light/dark values of the triangles.


I quilted this one in an allover loopy moon star pattern - fun!


It looks great!  I love the results I get when I use Superior Threads King Tut for quilting.  They are fast becoming my favorite thread.  I used the Harem color for this quilt.


I also used Warm and White batting made by The Warm Company - luscious!  This stuff quilts beautifully!


Here's the pic I took of the flimsy on my clothesline - almost too bright in the Summer sunshine!


And the gorgeous finished photo taken by Quiltmaker Magazine.  They are simply awesome to work with.  Much love to Quiltmaker and all their staff! Love ya!

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment