Saturday, July 5, 2014

Starberry Harvest Quilt

My Starberry Harvest quilt has made it back home.  I'm so happy to see it and cuddle it again!


This quilt was a lot of fun to design and sew.  I really played with the colors when I designed this quilt.  At first glance, your eye is drawn across the quilt from the upper left corner to the lower right corner as the stars go through a medium to light to dark color progression.  But, if you look closer, you can see other progressions of color going on in the diagonal squares crossing both ways over the quilt, too.  
It was also fun to frame the quilt in a two tone border.  All the fabrics in this quilt are Timeless Treasures batiks.  I love the color saturation you get with batiks, and that waxy crayon smell when you iron - oh yes!


The Starberry Harvest quilt pattern appears in Fons and Porter's Scrap Quilts 2014, available now.  I'm thrilled to be a part of this special issue.  The quilts included in this magazine are all very colorful and fun to sew.


My husband is out of town this week, working on our future Blue Ridge Mountain vacation house, so I'm enjoying sleeping under this quilt all by myself.  It's like sleeping under the stars, but without all the mosquitoes and bears and stuff.


I like the Starberry block so much, that I used it as the block for our home.  We have joined the Quilt Trails of the Tar River - Woo Hoo!  You can read more about the trail here: Quilt Trails of the Tar River, or get updates at the Facebook group here:  Quilt Trails of the Tar River Facebook Page.  Please come and visit our growing quilt trail!


Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment