Monday, November 18, 2013

Monster Cat!

Every week Trent and I go to the public library for story time.  We usually look at the new books, do a few puzzles, sing a few songs and listen to a few stories.  Ms. Patti & Ms. Barbara, the children's librarians, are wonderful!  

Recently, Trent spied "Knitted Cats and Kittens" by Sue Stratford in the new section.  He began his campaign to convince me to check out this book and make a "knitty kitty" (his title for the book).  I was in the middle of two quilting deadline projects, but he campaigned hard for the "knitty kitties", and a few days after the quilting finishes we checked out the knitting book.


Fortunately for me, he chose the "Monster Cat". I'm not a very accomplished knitter, so I was thrilled to see the easy, straightforward directions.  It's mainly stockinette stitch - Yay!  Plus, it's a "monster", so it's not supposed to be perfect either.

Isn't he cute, peeking over the top of his kitty?  Monster Cat seems to have a Jekyll and Hyde personality.  One minute he's purring and all lovey-dovey, the next he's jumping and meowing crazy all over you.  Trent loves him.


Of course, this week I'm knitting a "Monster Cat" for Levi.  He wants one, too.  A green one, because, as he put it, "Monsters are green."

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

1 comment:

  1. Just love that knitting, monster cat is so cool, I am sure trent loves him a whole lot.

    ReplyDelete