Tuesday, May 14, 2019

The Making of the Star Sweeper Quilt

 The Star Sweeper quilt was my Island Batik Ambassador challenge quilt for April.  You can read that post here:  Ready Set Go Baby Quilt Featuring Star Sweeper.  Today I'm going to show you some of what went into the making of this quilt.

First I moved this cat.

 Then I quickly and accurately cut out my pieces with the Accuquilt Go.

 I pieced this gorgeous block using Island Batik's Winter Park fabric collection.

Next, I took it apart because I misplaced some of the colors.  Ooops!  I got to test my new seam ripper from Quilty Box.  (It works well)

 I sewed all sorts of units together to make the star blocks.

 I moved this cat.

 I pieced the center of the quilt top.

 Added the borders to finish the top.

 I quilted straight lines on a diagonal out from the center.  I moved this cat.

 I hand stitched this spacey sleeve onto the back of the quilt.

The Star Sweeper quilt.

Be Creative ~ Sew Something Beautiful Today.

Jennifer Thomas




Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

This is an affiliate advertisement.  Clicking on this link will not affect the purchase price.

1 comment:

  1. I bet it wouldn’t have taken long for him to move once you started sewing had you not moved him. I’m glad Enzo isn’t a jumper, I’d never get anything done. I love the color combo and am very envious.

    ReplyDelete