Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Supernova ~ Cutting Out a New Quilt Design

 Supernova Quilt
This quilt and pattern was originally published in Quilts from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, as Cosmic Blast.  I love the color explosion in this quilt so much, I've decided to redo the quilt and release it as a new Curlicue Creations pattern, Supernova, hopefully sometime this year.

 I cut most of the fabrics this week.  All fabrics are coming out of my stash ~ nothing new.  This gorgeous swirly dot print from Timeless Treasures is going to be used for all of the black in the quilt.  
 I love batik fabrics, and am putting a lot of them into this project.  I'm using this Red Orange for some of the triangle pieces.

And this darker Red Orange batik will help to add depth to the design.

I'll post more updates as this quilt develops.  

Be Creative ~ sew something today!

Jennifer Thomas


Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required

This is an affiliate advertisement.

No comments:

Post a Comment