Monday, April 13, 2015

Quilting Practice - April UFO


I had a little time yesterday afternoon to work on my April UFO, the Mulberry Square quilt.


I'm using this quilt for practicing different quilting designs, varying sizes, shapes, and designs across the top.  I'm not worried about anything being uniform.  


I played with a number of different swirl patterns across the center of the quilt.  You can really get a lot of different looks from the simple swirl.  It should be fun to get this quilt off the frame and compare the swirl styles.


Here you can see I played with a leaf pattern in the pieced border.  I've experimented with different sizes, shapes, and the direction of the leaves.  Some of the leaves are overlapping each other.  Other times, I worked from the center of the diamonds and quilted one large leaf in each corner of the block.


Still stitching....I hope to finish soon.  I've got two quilts behind this one that need to be finished by June 1st.  

Until next time...please visit the Curlicue Creations Shop...and have a super day!

Get Creative!

Jennifer Schifano Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment