Sunday, September 22, 2019

B is for Bear Quilting

 I thought I would be finished with B is for Bear by now, but my husband was sick, my teenager was sick, and my 9 y.o. was so sick his illness turned into pneumonia.  Now I'm sick, but keeping on as much as I can.  I did complete the quilting on B is for Bear.  I used the above adorable fabric for the backing, as I didn't have a piece of Island Batik that was large enough.  Isn't that the cutest?  Little bears with candy canes?  

 I used Hobbs Natural Cotton Batting with scrim for this quilt.  So warm and cuddly!

 I have a Juki sewing machine mounted on a frame that I haven't used for quite a while.  I decided to get her cleaned and oiled for this project.  Here you can see the quilt top, batting, and backing ready to roll.

 I did an allover loopy meander on most of the quilt.

 The featured thread is Aurifil, color #2026, a nice light cream color that blends nicely with my quilt top.

 Here's a lovely close-up of some of  the Island Batik Clockworks fabrics that are featured in this quilt.

 More loopy-loopies!

 Getting there!  This looks like the bottom edge of the quilt.  Yay!

 After I finished the loopy meander, I went back and added a few details to the applique parts, like this swirly inside the "o".

 I made the binding out of a couple of different brown fabrics from the Clockworks collection.  Isn't this one fabby?

Here I am stitching the binding down.  Getting close to a finish.  Maybe this week if my family can all get healthy again.  

Be creative ~ sew something beautiful today!

Jennifer Thomas


Connect with me:


Subscribe to the Curlicue Creations Newsletter

* indicates required


Watch wedding diy classes at mybluprint.com
This is an affiliate ad.  Clicking this link will not affect the purchase price, however, if you do make a purchase, I may receive a commission.

No comments:

Post a Comment