Monday, June 6, 2011

Ice Pellets Quilt, vintage goodies, and more...


Ice Pellets Quilt Pattern

Ice Pellets quilt pattern on sale now at curlicuecreations.com.  The finished size of this quilt is 79" x 79".  It features an "Around the World" type setting.  This quilt is fast, fun, and easy to piece.  I'm nearly finished with the top now.  I'm ready to sew all the rows together and add the simple border to finish the top.  I'll be sure to post an updated photo when the top is finished.  Here's photos of two of the four different Ice Pellets blocks.


Ice Pellets Block A


Ice Pellets Block B

I was lucky enough to acquire an old wooden box full of vintage sewing goodies at an estate sale over the weekend.  I believe the big prize in this box is "Roosevelt's New Deal Prosperity Needle Book".  This dates back to the 1930's/1940's.  Most of the needles are still in the book.  Also included in this box is an old pair of scissors dating back to the 1800's, some 1940's embroidery floss, some old thread, some other needle books I still need to look up, a handful of thimbles, some 1943 steel pennies, and a few other miscellaneous sewing items.  What fun.  I just love stuff like this.  I will be sure to post photos of most of these items on my Facebook page.  Please scroll down to the bottom of this blog and "like" Curlicue Creations on Facebook.

In other news, my "Lollipops" quilt, made using 9 of the blocks from Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks, Volume 3 is on it's way to the Quiltmaker Gallery in Golden, Colorado to go on display from July 1, 2011 through September 30, 2011.  If you're in the area, please stop by and take a look at it and all the other awesome quilts in this gallery show.

Also, don't forget to mark your calendars for June 13, National Sewing Machine Day.  I'll try to post a blog about the sewing machine collection sometime around then.

Have a super day!

No comments:

Post a Comment